It’s the happiest, loveliest, most incredible smelling time of year – it’s lavender season!
This flower obsessed girl gets weak in the knees over the smallest bunch of lavender – dried or fresh – so when lavender season rolled around this year, I knew I needed to find the nearest farm and frolic in the fields.
Luckily, Just 15 minutes from our home lies Weirs Lane Lavender Farm & Apiary a little piece of heaven here on earth. Unlike many other lavender farms, Weirs Lane is a private home and working farm that welcomes others to enjoy their never-ending fields of florals. It feels like an oasis in the middle of the city, where you can hear the birds chirping, the bees buzzing and the crickets croaking. It is in a word – peaceful.
My dear friend Dorothy (an amazing photographer who takes all of my lifestyle photos) and I had an early morning rendezvous in mind so I set out to find the perfect romantic, whimsical outfit to go with this dreamlike adventure.
I had my heart set on an easy linen dress that felt at home in such a location and I found the beautiful “Love of my Life” dress from Free People (one of my favourite brands). It has the most effortless, yet romantic design that reminds me of a novel heroine having a picnic in the French countryside.
I knew I wouldn’t be able to order it in time for our adventure so imagine how thrilled I was to see this wonderful copy at Forever 21!
The original Free People dress has been insanely popular and is sold out in most places so I have hunted down as many versions as I can for you!
1. Free People Love Of My Life Dress in Black, Army and Golden – $143
2. Free People Love Of My Life Dress in Black Floral – $143
3. Free People Love Of My Life Dress in Ivory, Blue and Black – $149
4. Forever 21 Woven Button-Down Dress in Red – $56
5. SheIn Knotted Cuff Button Up Dress in Green – $23 USD
6. SheIn Ruched Detal Button Up Dress in Orange – $29 USD
7. SheIn Button Through Striped Dress – $20 USD