Summer has only just started but summer style has already taken over and there are some definite trends that have become super apparent. This summer will be filled with coastal chic pieces with a sophisticated city girl twist. Think lots of linen, cotton and tencel, along side plenty of denim and crochet details.
Ivory and blue are the colours to look for and you will see them in plenty of striped options. Delicate florals and antique patterns will be accented with sweet ties, perfect pleats and full button-down placards.
Overall, the most coveted style of the season is the white button down midi dress in a cotton, denim or linen mix. You can catch it on countless bloggers and fashion experts styled in a million different ways and you can find it at almost every retailer but the catch is knowing how to find one that is good quality, will last you more than a season and of course – is in stock.
What To Look For
White is a notoriously difficult colour to work with in clothing, you need to find the right shade of white, the right clarity and crispness of the fabric and of course you need to ensure it won’t be see through. So here are my must have markers to find a good white dress.
– a bright true toned colour
– ivory over a true white
– no yellow tones
– a thicker material
– a matching lining
– a well made button placard
The Best Button Downs
1. Abercrombie Button Front Midi Dress – $84 CAD
2. SheIn Pocket Patched Button Up Came Dress – $25 USD
3. Urban Outfitters Millie Plunging Linen Midi Dress – $99 CAD
4. LC Lauren Conrad Solid Button Front Dress with Tie – $45 USD (ON SALE)
5. Urban Outfitters Abbie Eyelet Button Down Dress – $109 CAD
6. J Crew Classic Button Front Cotton Poplin Sundress – $193 CAD
7. Zara Midi Dress With Straps – $36 CAD (ON SALE)
8. Free People Carolina Mini Dress – $130 CAD
9. LOFT Strappy Button Down Pocket Flare Dress – $125 CAD
10. H&M Dress With Buttons – $59 CAD