It seems like just yesterday that I was turning 26, I can so vividly recall how we celebrated and rung in a new year of my life. It’s so strange though because it also feels like a lifetime ago. The past year has been so full of challenges, triumphs, journeys and new adventures and it truly flew by but here we are yet again.
Today, I will be turning 27 on the 27th of February. It’s what they call a champagne birthday and I am taking every chance I get to celebrate it with every fibre of my being because I am SO beyond grateful to be alive and to be living the life I am.
27 Lessons Learned in 27 Years
1. Marriage is the most wonderful gift in the world and it is so worth the wait, no matter how long it takes.
2. Marriage is not a walk in the park, it takes work, commitment, and sacrifice.
3. You make your own family as you travel through life.
4. Friends will come and go and true friends are rare but once you find them, they will be with you through eternity.
5. When God wrote the story of your life, He committed Himself to every single second and He wrote Himself into every up and down that you experience. He is ALWAYS with you.
6. When God wrote your story He created connections and relationships that you never expected. He planted seeds that were destined to turn into sisters, sisters that would become part of who you are.
7. You are NOT defined, identified, or bound to your brokenness. You are so much MORE than lies, loss and labels.
8. A good skincare routine is SO much more important than any amount of makeup.
9. You are important and you deserve the absolute best in the world. Never settle.
10. Your health should never be taken for granted or disrespected. Put your health first.
11. Cats are little furry angels who will love you unconditionally and fix any problem with purring.
12. Your body is your body and only YOU know what is right for it, don’t conform to society or social ideals of what is right.
13. Be YOU! Embrace what makes you different because that is what makes you special.
14. If you enjoy something but it is not what others consider normal, ENJOY it anyway! It’s okay to like things that others don’t.
15. Find JOY in the every day, in the little things that seem mundane because there is always joy to be found.
16. Show yourself a little grace, you are often your own worst critic.
17. Real friends challenge you, test you and encourage you even when it hurts.
18. True love does exist, just not where you expected it to be.
19. You can feel lost, broken and so alone but you are never really alone, you are loved and you have a Father who is always by your side.
20. Prayer is the most powerful force in the world. It can do the impossible.
21. Experiences are so much more valuable than material things. Make memories.
22. Follow your heart in all things that you do, the gut feeling is never wrong.
23. Try new things and step outside your comfort zone. It may be scary but it is always worth the step.
24. Have courage and be kind. Kindness is the simplest act but it has the biggest impact.
25. It’s okay to NOT be okay!
26. Spend time taking care of YOU! Self-care is so important, find what gives you life and spend time doing it.
27. Positivity is the key to happiness. Even when you don’t feel it, speak out positivity and it will come back to you.
I hope one or two of these lessons really resonates with you and they help you in one way or another. Follow along with my birthday celebrations on my Instagram (@labellesirene_)