The art of makeup – it really is an art form – has evolved so drastically over just a few years. I might be showing my age but I remember that up until just a few years ago it was totally taboo and frowned upon to go outside the box with your makeup. Unless you were a professional artist or a serious risk taker, your makeup kit consisted of a range of neutrals and nudes with a gloss or maybe a red lip thrown in.
Over the last year or two it has become so much more acceptable and frankly more “mainstream” to break out of your comfort zone. For me it means I no longer have to wear the same taupe eye shadow everyday but I can break out the bright, bold shades of red, yellow, orange and pink that make my heart go aflutter!
What’s even better is that it’s SO much easier to get your hands on these vivid colours! I remember trying to hunt down a burnt orange shadow and having the hardest time! I eventually gave up and ordered one from Makeup Geek but now I have endless options and it means my dreams have come true!
While I may LOVE that there are so many options, I know it can be pretty overwhelming and seriously confusing to be faced with such a variety. So I’m breaking down the best warm toned eye shadow palettes for every budget to help you figure out what to buy!
For the Editorial Artist
– Sephora Collection Pro Eyeshadow Palette ($85 CAD) – A deluxe eye shadow palette with 28 high pigment, high performance shades in chrome, matte, shimmer, and satin finishes to create endless looks in rich, velvety warm shades and golden textures that light up your eyes. 15 hand-picked Sephora Pro artists came together to curate a palette with limitless opportunities and unique combinations.
For the Foiled Shadow Enthusiast
– Natasha Denona Sunset Eyeshadow Palette ($166 CAD) – Inspired by the colors of the sunset, this palette features 15 gorgeous eyeshadow shades in a combination of warm brown tones, burnt oranges, reds, golds, bronzes, and yellows. It includes all four of Natasha Denona’s classic formulas in her signature chroma crystal, matte, and metallic finishes.
For the Beauty Lover On A Budget
– NYX Ultimate Multi-Finish Eyeshadow Palette in Warm Rust ($18 USD) – these pro-level palettes are packed with 12 high-performance eyeshadows and pressed pigments. Each new set features a hand-picked selection of four vibrant shades in three mesmerizing finishes-from matte, to shimmer and sparkly metallic.
For the Monochromatic Neutrals Fan
– Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette ($66 CAD) – The most shade-driven Naked palette Urban Decay has ever created, this palette takes Naked the next level. Naked Heat features 12 all-new, amber-hued neutrals—including warm browns, burnt oranges, and rich siennas. From a super-smooth red-brown matte and a glimmering copper to a deep, shifty bronze, this palette has everything you need to create sultry daytime looks, intensely smoky nighttime looks, and everything in between.
For the Berry Toned Babe
– Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette ($55 CAD) – A present-day take on Renaissance colors, this eye palette features 14 shades in neutral to berry tones, that let you create stylish, day to night looks. From the earthy yellow and ultra-matte finish of Golden Ochre to Primavera’s shimmer gold with a metallic finish, this palette’s high-pigment shadows are crease and fade-resistant
For the One Palette Kind Of Gal
– Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette ($59 CAD) – A versatile palette that not only smells like summer but looks like it too. Create endless looks with 18 shades of peachy pinks, corals, bronzes, and pops of purples that will leave your eyes looking warm weather-fresh all year long. The mixture of finishes and shades means you can create any look from this one palette.
For the On-the-Go Trendsetter
– Smashbox Cosmetics Cover Shot Eye Palette in Ablaze ($35 CAD) – The purse-sized Cover Shot: Eye Palettes swipe on highly pigmented, beyond blendable color for endless eye looks. Smashbox popped in two bigger base shades so you won’t run out of basics before you’ve used all the high-impact accent colors. Ablaze is all about hot, desert-inspired shades. With shades in rich red clay and hot terra cotta, this palette captures the warmth of the desert in a range of sun-drenched shades—these dimensional pigments are perfect for adding depth and contouring.
So there you have it, my must-have warm toned eyeshadow palettes with my recommendations for every budget and lifestyle!
Which one are you going to add to your collection?