There have been so many incredible releases in the beauty world lately that I have been overwhelmed with options when I sit down at my vanity. Between testing new products and playing with different combinations there have been a few set products that I keep going back to on a daily basis so I wanted to share them with you. These are my current summer beauty favourites and must have products!
1. Urban Decay Naked Heat Eyeshadow Palette ($66 CAD) – I think this palette might be on everyone’s must have lists at the moment but I can totally see why. This beauty is the newest addition to the Naked range and it is the first colour tone based palette of the bunch. It contains 12 warm-toned amber hued shadows in both matte and shimmer formulas. They are all absolutely stunning, super pigmented and velvety smooth. Performance wise, they are outstanding in application, wear and blendability.
2. Urban Decay Naked Skin The Illuminizer Translucent Pressed Beauty Powder ($39 CAD) – I originally mentioned this powder in my “Must Have Setting Powders” post but it has become an absolute OBSESSION. If you like a glowy complexion that looks smooth, blurred and radiant then this is definitely for you! It’s a pressed illuminating powder that’s infused with synthetic white sapphires for a multidimensional radiant finish. It perfectly sets your makeup in place while giving you a gorgeous all over glow.
3. Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Primer Oil ($50 CAD) – This oil has been a favourite for the longest time, I have always used it as a base for foundations when my skin is on the drier side but I have since discovered so many more uses. It’s described as an ultra light, fast absorbing face oil that doubles as a primer, imparting a glowing, radiant look with a dewy finish. You can also use it as a moisturizer, a cuticle oil, a hair oil and so much more! I love it because it hydrates as well as helps all of your makeup apply more smoothly and evenly. I have been loving mixing it with a few other favourites that you will see next!
4. Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in Celestial ($52 CAD) – This stuff is literally liquid metal in a tube and it is beyond gorgeous when used properly! These ultra-concentrated illuminating drops are designed to help you customize your ideal glow with a liquid metal finish. They come in 9 beautiful shades but Celestial is my favourite as it is a “glistening pearl” which is so flattering on fair skin. I love to mix a couple drops of the Smashbox oil and a couple drops of the illuminating liquid on my foundation brush to blend out my foundation and give my skin a stunning glow!
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation in Alabaster and Shadow ($33 CAD) – This foundation isn’t really talked about very much because there isn’t anything really outstanding and memorable about it but I love it for achieving that skin-like finish. It’s described as “a multitasking light to full coverage cream stick foundation with a natural looking demi-matte finish” and it comes in 29 shades which is really fantastic. I find that it actually has a light to medium coverage but can be built up easily without getting too cakey. You can really customize exactly how much coverage you want and it looks very natural. I personally don’t love it alone with my dry skin but I love it swiped onto to the skin and then blended out with my oil/drop mixture. I also LOVE the shade Shadow for a cream contour because it is the perfect cool toned neutral.
6. Make Up For Ever Artist Liquid Matte Lipsticks ($25 CAD) – I recently posted a full review on these lipsticks (here) so if you want a little more information and some swatches, check that out! These are described as “an ultra matte liquid lipstick with insane colour payoff and crazy long wear” and I 100% agree with that statement. These beauties are the most comfortable liquid lipsticks that I have ever tried, you can barely feel them on and they last all day long! I have been loving shades 101 and 103 but they recently expanded the range to include 15 gorgeous nudes and bright, bold shades.
So those are my current favourite beauty products and they are such good staples for any makeup collection! I’m wearing the majority of them in these two looks so you can see what they looks like on. What are you favourite products at the moment?