How To Rock Liquid Lipstick That’s Actually Comfortable | Make Up For Ever Artist Liquid Matte Lipsticks & HD Lip Serum | Review & Swatches

How To Rock Liquid Lipstick That's Actually Comfortable | Make Up For Ever Acrylic Liquid Lipsticks & HD Lip Serum | Review & Swatches | labellesirene.ca

Liquid lipsticks have been all the rage for what feels like the longest time. At first, only 1 or 2 companies offered the ultra-pigmented liquids that stuck to your lips like glue and dried down to a matte finish but over time those numbers have exploded and now you are more likely to find a company that doesn’t have their own version.

Formulas have improved, colour ranges have expanded and wear times have gotten longer but I have yet to find a formula that truly felt comfortable on the lips.

Until now!

The Who/What?

Make Up For Ever seemed to take a little bit longer than the rest of the beauty industry to jump on board the liquid lip bandwagon and now we know why. All truly great things take time!

It seems that they took that bit of extra time to create the first TRULY comfortable liquid lipstick that doesn’t sacrifice performance or wear. Not only that but they created the perfect product to prep the lips for an even better experience.

The Ultra HD Lip Booster Hydra-Plump Serum ($29 CAD/$23 USD) is a hydrating lip serum that instantly preps and nourishes the lips for the application of any product. It can be used alone or underneath to smooth over lines and texture, plump gently and hydrate deep down. Containing Loofah Oil and Hyaluronic Acid, it glides on with a custom cushioned applicator and absorbs quickly leaving a non-sticky satin finish.

The Artist Liquid Matte Lipsticks ($25 CAD/$20 USD) are the first pure pigment lipsticks that offer insane colour payoff with unbeatable wear-time and a truly weightless feel.

They have a unique formula that somehow seems to nail every single aspect without sacrificing another. They have concentrated pigments that provide seriously saturated colour payoff with full opacity in one swipe and an ultra-matte (yet not desert dry) finish.

The formula contains beeswax and avocado oil to nourish and protect the lips while keeping the liquid itself in place. It glides over the lips coating them in a weightless veil of colour but protects the skin underneath from all damage, drying or irritation.

The Artist Liquid Matte Lipsticks have a precise wand that makes application a breeze. It smooths over the surface of the lips, defining every peak and valley and depositing the perfect amount of colour.

So far, there are only 6 shades in the collection (101 Cream Beige, 103 Warm Beige, 105 Rosewood, 107 Neutral Beige, 109 Praline & 203 Cold Pink) but they are all stunning! They are the perfect neutrals that you can rock on any day, at any time, in any place.

(L-R 105, 103, 101 & HD Lip Booster in 01 Pink)

To top it all off, the Artist Lipsticks have incredible wear power that is said to be up to 20 hours. Personally, I have worn them for 12 hour days, eaten meals, enjoyed many coffees and at the end of the day, my lips look just as good as they did in the morning.

The How

To make your liquid lipstick last all day long and to ensure it feels good on the lips, try the Ultra HD Lip Booster and then top it with the lipstick of your choice. Apply a liberal amount and wait for it to absorb (just a few seconds) before applying your lipstick. Then enjoy a day of perfect looking lips without any of the dryness!

Pin it!

SaveSave

1. Olivia Stacey
    July 3, 2017 / 6:13 pm

I'm always searching for ways to increase the staying power of my lipstick. Thanks for sharing all of the advice on selecting and applying liquid lipstick. The lip booster serum sounds amazing– I think I'll need to give that a try myself. Love your blog– you offer fabulous makeup advice. xoxo,Livwww.livslookbook.com

2. Jennifer Nordine
    July 3, 2017 / 7:11 pm

I'm always in need of a new lip color and I have yet to try the makeup forever lipsticks – can't wait to give a go now! Thank you for sharing, love!

3. amyp1023
    July 3, 2017 / 7:37 pm

I'm always on the lookout for a new lipstick that will last through a meal! Thanks for the post!

4. Jessica
    July 3, 2017 / 8:08 pm

I love this colors and I will love to try them on.

5. Oh to Be a Muse
    July 3, 2017 / 8:15 pm

I actually own a few liquid lipsticks, but I tend to wear them on top of my regular lipstick because they're usually too sticky by themselves. So thanks so much for reviewing these from Make Up For Ever!

6. Erin Nicole
    July 3, 2017 / 8:40 pm

I've recently become obsessed with liquid lipsticks and I'm so excited you posted about these ones! I'm definitely going to have to try them out!! I love Makeup Forever!

7. Ying NavigatingAdulthood
    July 3, 2017 / 9:40 pm

I love how liquid lipsticks seem to last a lot longer than regular lipstick. I love the shades that you showed- I'll have to check these out!

8. Anna Hubbard
    July 3, 2017 / 10:10 pm

I love Makeup Forever and I love liquid lipsticks, so I'll have to try these out!

9. Megan Hallier
    July 3, 2017 / 11:05 pm

I've never tried liquid lipstick before. It looks great though! I just found some lipgloss that I have fallen in love with and it lasts so long

10. Bre
    July 3, 2017 / 11:07 pm

Hi my name is Bre and I'm a lipstick addict. I have way too much lipstick (says my husband lol) and I will surely have to give this one a try!!:)

July 4, 2017 / 1:35 am

Oh these colors look so stunning! Love!

12. Amanda Frazier
    July 4, 2017 / 1:42 am

Love those nude colors! I love lipgloss but hate the sticky feeling. Sounds like liquid lipstick might be right up my alley.

13. Silvia Marquez
    July 4, 2017 / 2:02 am

I love all of those neutral shades! I've heard such amazing things about the MUFE ones!

14. Matt Battersby
    July 4, 2017 / 2:14 am

These look so amazing! I adore Make Up For Ever.

15. Bella B
    July 4, 2017 / 2:26 am

I am terrible at makeup lol. lipstick I can do though. I will need to try these.

16. Nicole
    July 4, 2017 / 3:39 am

I've been wanting to try these! I love that they have Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate

17. Molly Moon
    July 4, 2017 / 4:19 am

Ok, I want to love liquid lipsticks so much! But I have seriously dry lips and all the ones I've tried just make it worse. Obviously I haven't tried these yet…so I need to check them out!Molly // http://www.missmollymoon.com

18. Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place
    July 4, 2017 / 5:33 am

I love that it has a matte finish but still makes your lips looks soft and plump, it's definitely the kind of lipstick that you want to have in your make-up kit. It looks amazing on you and I love the colors! TOTALLY worth getting.

19. the sophia diaries
    July 4, 2017 / 7:26 am

Oh, totally love the way they look! Love how you stuck with the nudes 😉

20. Beautyfineprint
    July 4, 2017 / 11:37 am

I've never tried their liquid lipsticks, they look great!

21. Megin Shearer
    July 4, 2017 / 2:01 pm

I love this!! I am a big lipstick wearer but I never know which ones are worth investing in for the long run. I'll have to go check these out!

22. Seersucker Sass
    July 4, 2017 / 4:14 pm

I need to try these products! I usually shy away from liquid lipstick because I can't handle how dry it makes my lips. I love Make Up For Ever products!XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

23. PrimetimeChaos
    July 5, 2017 / 6:15 am

These look beautiful! I think Makeup Forever usually takes longer when it comes to responding to trends but if they do, they do it right! I guess they don't have to react right aways because they are considered a "professional brand" for lots of makeup artists and already have those clients.The lipsticks look great! I wish we had MUF here in Austria!Sending love to you!Theresa

24. The Glitter Gospel
    July 5, 2017 / 2:21 pm

I so need to try this!!!! It looks so light and pretty!xx,Lacey//theglittergospelblog.com

25. Alex Carreno
    July 5, 2017 / 2:43 pm

I've never tried this brand. The swatches are such pretty neutrals!

26. Lauren Foster
    July 5, 2017 / 10:16 pm

these colors are so pretty. i love pinky nude tones!

27. Michelle Paige
    July 6, 2017 / 2:36 am

Ohhh I am going to have to order some of these! I love make up forever!

28. Leanna Ranieri
    July 6, 2017 / 3:50 am

I need to try that Lip Booster! Your makeup always looks so fabulous!xo, Lwww.ChangeWithUsBlog.com

29. Kristin Thompson
    July 7, 2017 / 7:29 pm

Liquid Lipstick is my favorite! I definitely want to try these!KristinThe Blush Blonde

30. Hannah Bettis
    July 12, 2017 / 4:35 pm

would love to see more swatches on your lips!

31. Makaela Premont
    July 16, 2017 / 12:15 am

These just sound from your post super comfortable! They colors also look really pretty….definitely checking them out next time I'm in Sephora-xo, Makaelawww.uniquelymickie.com

32. Melony Fisher
    April 21, 2018 / 11:38 am

It's going to be ending of mine day, but before ending I am reading this enormous post to increase my know-how. gmail login email