A Blush, Grey, & Metallic Bedroom Makeover | The Inspiration & Plans

In my quest to start the new year off with a sparkly fresh start (can you believe there are only 2 weeks left?), I want to create a home that feels bright, colourful and creative.

Working from home means that you can get a little bit too comfortable with your daily surroundings and they can end up losing their liveliness and their ability to inspire you. To help refresh my space, I am going to be redecorating 3 rooms – my bedroom, the living room and the dining room.

It’s going to be a lengthy process but I am going to take it one room at a time and of course, I will share my inspirations and the final product along the way.

To kick it all off – the bedroom!

I want to keep the overall vibe really light and bright but I want to change up the colour scheme and add a few more details and pieces of furniture like an accent chair, a pouf, and side tables.

The colour theme is going to be blush, grey and cream with metallic accents in both gold and silver. I also want to introduce a variety of textures so I will be playing with velvet, faux fur, knits and linen.

Take a peek at these inspirational images and keep your eyes peeled for the final reveal!

What does your bedroom look like?

1. Rebecca Hicks
    December 27, 2016 / 5:02 pm

I love the blush, gold and gray, and the bright feel it gives to the room. Can't wait to see the final product!

2. Rachel Gault
    December 27, 2016 / 5:20 pm

What a great color combo! Love it!

3. RKCSouthern
    December 27, 2016 / 5:30 pm

Your home style is so perfect! I love the calm palette and the soft textures!

4. Grammie O Morris
    December 27, 2016 / 6:11 pm

Very pretty indeed. I love the color combination it's soft and yet strong in it's own way. The metallic touches really set it off.

5. Dominique
    December 27, 2016 / 6:34 pm

I absolutely love what you plan on doing! These colours are beautiful – soft, peaceful, stylish and conducive to a relaxing room! Enjoy! Can't wait to see the finished product!

6. Kirsten Ortez
    December 27, 2016 / 6:37 pm

These plants and inspiration are lovely! I love the color scheme!

7. tiffanyaustine
    December 27, 2016 / 7:26 pm

i'm obsessed!

December 27, 2016 / 7:30 pm

I absolutely love the blush color! Its one of my favorite. At the moment, I have blue and white in my bedroom. xoxoIsaly Hollandwww.memoriesbyisaly.com

9. Madison
    December 27, 2016 / 7:47 pm

Oh I am in love with these colors! Makes the room look so bright!

10. Carrie Ditton
    December 27, 2016 / 10:15 pm

I am loving the color choices. We are planning a re-do on my 14 year old daughter's room (she wants a more grown up room) and your post is exactly what she is looking for! Thank you so much for the inspiration.

11. Kat of TheBusinessDarling.com and PersianKittyKat.com
    December 27, 2016 / 10:25 pm

Lovely inspiration images. Some calming colors. 😀

12. Chelsie Carr
    December 27, 2016 / 11:41 pm

I totally agree that working from home can really cause you to loose your inspiration at times! Doing a redesign is a great way to get it back! When we moved into our new apartment I wanted to do a similar grey & white with pops of blush or turquoise color scheme, but I realized that having a white spread wouldn't work with our dog. :(xo, Chelsie @ Hey There, Chelsie

13. Alison Rost
    December 27, 2016 / 11:42 pm

Oh my gosh .. it's absolutely beautiful! The colors make it look so peaceful. A perfect start for the New Year 🙂

14. Abigail Castro
    December 27, 2016 / 11:49 pm

These are all to die for!! I didn't realize that grey and blush made such a chic combo. It's so modern chic!Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

15. Jessica Hall
    December 28, 2016 / 12:00 am

This palette is gorgeous! My bedroom definitely doesn't look anything like that. Might be time for a makeover!

16. adriana nudo
    December 28, 2016 / 12:06 am

This is all great inspo!! I just re-did my bedroom earlier this year and now I'll be redoing my office in January to create a "cloffice"! I can't wait!

17. Alex Lo
    December 28, 2016 / 12:14 am

This is GORGEOUS! Can you please come decorate my house?!

18. Amanda @ A Good Hue
    December 28, 2016 / 12:50 am

I love this color combo– it's one of my faves (in fact, my outfit post today features the grey + blush combo). I love all these but could seriously pull off the 2nd pic… I don't think my bf would mind either since the blush tone is minimal 😛

19. Audrey White
    December 28, 2016 / 12:53 am

Every one of these is beautiful! I love the blush.

20. Sand Sun & Messy Buns
    December 28, 2016 / 1:14 am

Your bedroom is going to match your Instagram feed. 😉 Can't wait to see the final product! The inspiration pics are all beautiful. erin | sandsunandmessybuns.com

21. Jennifer | The Search For Imperfection
    December 28, 2016 / 1:36 am

I'm afraid those lovely white comforters wouldn't work with our shed-y black labradoodle, but I do love the look! It'll be fun to follow along and see how yours turns out. Some great inspiration photos!

22. Alison @ Puppies and Pretties
    December 28, 2016 / 2:43 am

This is such a pretty color scheme. That first photo is swoon worthy!

23. Oh What A Sight To See
    December 28, 2016 / 2:48 am

Those colors look perfect together! I love all the room inspiration too:)xoxo, Hannah

24. Kristine Circenis
    December 28, 2016 / 2:54 am

I also really enjoy bright bedroom spaces and can't wait to stop moving so I can create one with sound, high quality pieces.

25. Jessica Sheppard
    December 28, 2016 / 4:55 am

Omg! Obsessed with the blush, grey and metallic! LOVE your decor and style. Fabulous in every way! Would love to wake in this stunning room!!!

26. Crystal
    December 28, 2016 / 5:38 am

I love this color scheme! My room used to have a beach theme, so it's blue (which is also a very calming and inspiring color for me). It still has some beachy touches (like i have a fishnet on one wall), but it's not quite as beach-themed as it used to be.

27. Kara at Fit Chick Nextdoor
    December 28, 2016 / 1:30 pm

These colors are a dream!! This is what my room needs to look like <3

28. Samantha
    December 28, 2016 / 3:06 pm

Oh wow, this is gorgeous! I love how the colors make it light and airy, yet so relaxing!

29. Rachel Ritlop
    December 28, 2016 / 3:33 pm

So gorgeous! I am obsessed with literally everything! The flowers are also a perfect touch!Rachel | The Confused Millennial

30. Fairy Princess Jord
    December 28, 2016 / 4:23 pm

I love your ideas for sprucing up your bedroom. Playing with texture is always interesting and the metallics will add a great pop to the room (:

31. Amy | Pastel N Pink
    December 28, 2016 / 4:39 pm

That color pallet is right up my alley! Loving how well they go together!xoxo,Amy | Pastel N Pink

32. Krista Dial
    December 28, 2016 / 5:52 pm

What BEAUTIFUL colors. Looks so relaxing and serene. I don't know that my husband would go for the blush…but I think he's be all about the white mixed with the other neutrals. Stunning look!

33. Nicole Denton
    December 29, 2016 / 12:26 am

Amazing inspiration! I love the color palette!

34. Meghan
    December 29, 2016 / 2:52 am

Well this is giving me major inspiration!! I am still remodeling my master but in the end it will be grey with pops of gold. My guest room will probably be these colors tho!!

35. Erica Ligenza
    December 29, 2016 / 2:21 pm

OH this is just GORGEOUS! I am *obsessed* with the color palette and just everything!Coming Up Roses

36. Delaine Myles
    December 30, 2016 / 1:08 am

Love the design and makeup ever, I love how the blush compliments the other two colors.

37. Lindsay Rutland
    December 30, 2016 / 4:41 am

I love the idea of blush and gray together! can't wait to see the final makeover

38. Summer @ Coffee With Summer
    December 31, 2016 / 6:09 pm

I love blush and gray together! In fact, they were basically my wedding colors – I did blush and silver, but most silver elements were simply gray!