Bat A Lash | Smashbox Cosmetics Mascara Showdown | Full Exposure, X-Rated, Indecent Exposure & Photo Finish Primer Review & Comparisons | labellesirene.ca

A set of fully, flirty lashes can work wonders for any look. From a full face of glam to a quick 5 minute routine, a couple quick coats of mascara can make you look wide awake and completely put together. It is one of just a few products that I cannot possibly go without, even on my no makeup days.

I recently had the opportunity to play around with the incredible range of mascaras offered by Smashbox Cosmetics and I just couldn’t wait to share them with you! Let’s breakdown 4 of their best selling mascaras (and primers) so you can find out which one will be perfect for you!

Full Exposure Mascara – $28 CAD (0.38 oz)

Inspired by Smashbox’s on-set technique of layering a fibre mascara over a volumizing mascara for the biggest, longest lashes possible. This volumizing and lengthening mascara delivers a 104% increase in lash volume for scene-stealing lashes at every angle without any smudging, clumping or flaking. It has a thick bristle brush and a lash-loving formula that contains olive oil (to keep lashes soft) and a combination of synthetic and natural waxes to create softer, more flexible coverage that keeps lashes from becoming brittle.

Result = big, bold lashes with unbeatable volume

X-Rated Mascara – $28 CAD (0.30 oz)

An ultra-buildable mascara that can go from an everyday lash look to over the top volume in just a few layers, it is completely customizable and can be used in a multitude of ways. The Triple Threat Brush is designed with 3 rows of bristles to hold the perfect amount of the ultra-black formula. The bristles work to isolate and extend lashes while adding volume and lift with each layer.

With each swipe of the brush, lashes are separated, magnified and coated with an interlocking fibre loaded formula that never flakes or smudges. To make the most of the brush, roll it up and out and you work from base to tip.

Result = naturally defined to thick, voluminous lashes

Indecent Exposure – $28 CAD (0.30 oz)

A mascara that lets you achieve perfectly defined, sky high lashes. The slim Zoom Out Brush features a spiral of wavy cut bristles and a micro tip that makes it a breeze to capture every last lash. It’s formulated with innovative, high-impact wavelength fibres that adhere to each individual lash and stretch as you apply the formula from length to tip.  It continues to add length with every additional stroke. The brush is the perfect size and shape to coat those hard-to-reach lower lashes and tricky lashes in the corners of your eyes.

Result = long, lavish lashes

Photo Finish Lash Primer – $28 CAD (0.30 oz)

A 10 in 1 mascara primer for amped up lashes. It was perfected by Smashbox makeup artists on photoshoots to help condition and lift lashes before mascara application. Formulated to boost lashes and make mascara last longer while preventing flaking or smudging. It features a dual sided Two-Timer brush with an ultra-thin comb on one side for clean, clump free separation and molded bristles on the other that coat and cover each lash.

Result = bolder, more exaggerated lashes that amps up each mascara

Which Smashbox Cosmetics mascara is going to help you fulfil your lash dreams?

Pin It!

*press sample*

1. Ali Arnone
    August 8, 2016 / 4:55 pm

excellent! always looking for mascara reco's – i happen to love my maybelline define-a-lash but it's always fun to experiment and try others!

2. Amanda Kushner
    August 8, 2016 / 4:58 pm

I am SUCH a mascara junkie. I definitely need to try these out. I've lately been digging a mascara from It Cosmetics – my lashes look so long and defined!XO Amanda | http://www.glitterandspice.com

3. Taylor Mobley
    August 8, 2016 / 5:10 pm

I am a Better Than Sex girl but if I ever need to change my game up, I'm coming here!

4. Cori Large
    August 8, 2016 / 5:19 pm

A good mascara is a must. Thanks for sharing.

5. Candace Kage
    August 8, 2016 / 5:30 pm

All starts with the lashes which means a great mascara. Will be checking this out.

6. Elise
    August 8, 2016 / 5:34 pm

Great review! Thanks for sharing. Maybe it's time I get some new mascara. 🙂

7. Elizabeth Johnson
    August 8, 2016 / 5:58 pm

Thank you for the breakdown! I always wonder what the actual difference is between mascaras. Thanks again!

8. Katie M
    August 8, 2016 / 6:05 pm

These mascaras sound amazing! I usually stick with what I'm familiar with when it comes to makeup but I'll definitely have to look into these mascaras!xoxo,Katiechicincarolina.blogspot.com

9. Liz Mays
    August 8, 2016 / 6:18 pm

It's awesome that you got to try all of these. This is really helpful in deciding which mascara to choose!

10. Michaela Quigley
    August 8, 2016 / 6:40 pm

It can be tricky to find a good mascara!

11. Rosemary Bridges
    August 8, 2016 / 6:48 pm

Looks like I'll have to try the Full Exposure mascara. Thank you for the review!

12. Lily Abolghasemi
    August 8, 2016 / 6:58 pm

Ok I just adore this!!! Your shots are always incredible! I'll need to start experimenting with these picks!!

13. Shane Prather
    August 8, 2016 / 7:41 pm

I'm in the market for a new volumizing mascara. Thanks for the reviews!

14. leXHansplaCE
    August 8, 2016 / 8:24 pm

Hoping to get my girl one of these, good insight.

15. Nicolas Puegher
    August 8, 2016 / 9:04 pm

Since I am a guy I don't really care about this but it's always a great time being here reading your blog! I know some friends that will like this, thanks for sharing 🙂

16. Angela Tolsma
    August 8, 2016 / 9:05 pm

I've been curious if there mascaras are worth it great break down

17. Annaliese
    August 8, 2016 / 10:04 pm

Love me some lash primer so I might have to look at the Smashbox one!xoxo Awww.southernbelleintraining.com

18. ana de jesus
    August 8, 2016 / 10:20 pm

I love Smashbox eyeshadows but have never tried their mascaras before. Time to try them out!

19. Rachel
    August 8, 2016 / 11:53 pm

Love this breakdown! I haven't tried any of Smashbox's mascaras, YET, but I will definitely be picking one up on my next Sephora trip!Rachel / http://www.seashellsandsparkles.com

August 9, 2016 / 12:31 am

All of this stuff looks awesome! I need to try these mascaras.xoxo, Jenny

21. Loren - Think Elysian
    August 9, 2016 / 12:39 am

Thanks for the review! I've been wanting to try Smashbox's mascara! I'm so new to lash primer, but I love it so far!xo Lorenwww.thinkelysian.com

22. Katy
    August 9, 2016 / 12:54 am

I really need to try the X-rated mascara. For some reason, Smashbox never stood out to me until very recently. -Katyskinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com

23. Ashley
    August 9, 2016 / 1:09 am

I've been looking for a new mascara!! These all sound great!xo Ashley

24. Sophia Reed
    August 9, 2016 / 1:34 am

I have no eyelashes so I am always looking for mascara to make them look longer

25. Beth Shankle-Anderson
    August 9, 2016 / 1:51 am

I love the mascara breakdown as I consider it a must in my makeup routine. It's the centerpiece of my whole routine really as I consider my eyes the focal point (as most do!)-Beth || http://www.TheStyleBouquet.com

26. Chelsea Olivia
    August 9, 2016 / 2:07 am

I need to try these out! I don't think I've tried any Smashbox mascaras before but I love pretty much everything else they make!

27. Anna
    August 9, 2016 / 2:42 am

Great review, for whatever reason I never seem to gravitate towards Smashbox mascaras, but this post really makes me want to give one a try!

28. Michelle Mink
    August 9, 2016 / 2:56 am

I don't wear mascara so I guess I'm not up to date on what it costs but $28 seems like quite a bit. I'd love to see what it looks like on.

29. Amanda Parker
    August 9, 2016 / 3:15 am

All of these sound great, but the price seems a bit high. I guess I need to step my mascara game up!Xoxo,Amandatrulyyoursa.com

30. The Classic Brunette
    August 9, 2016 / 3:52 am

I love trying out new mascaras! I haven't tried any of smashbox's mascaras before, but they're definitely on my list now!xoSamiwww.theclassicbrunette.com

31. Jessica Sheppard
    August 9, 2016 / 5:14 am

I always struggle to try new mascaras because I feel like it's surprisingly one of the most personal makeup items to find the right fit! Thanks for sharing this…just might have to try!

32. cielofronteras
    August 9, 2016 / 5:46 am

Mascaras are my fave!!! Love this post! =)- CieloMermaid in Heels

33. Elizabeth O.
    August 9, 2016 / 6:41 am

I don't really wear mascara often, just eyeliner and some lipstick! But I think that Smashbox is an awesome brand so there's no doubt that these mascaras are reliable, depending on what you need.

34. Dreammer In
    August 9, 2016 / 8:55 am

How beautiful your pictures really are… It's always very nice to hear about the new beauty products. Thanks for these inspirations!

35. Jolina
    August 9, 2016 / 1:40 pm

Love Smashbox products but I have never tried their mascara. I'm very picky with mascaras because I tend to get racoon eyes at the end of the night lol! So the primer is definitely something I would need to check out.

36. SEBASTIEN
    August 9, 2016 / 1:52 pm

I just have to say your flat lays are out of this world and even tho I don't wear makeup I can appreciate your phenomenal work!

August 9, 2016 / 2:15 pm

Your pictures are always so pretty. That mascara looks great!

38. Amber Battishill
    August 9, 2016 / 2:16 pm

I ALWAYS wear mascara too! It's my one must have beauty item. I just feel so naked without it. I need a new mascara so this was perfect timing.

39. Katya Bychkova
    August 9, 2016 / 3:01 pm

I'm such a big fan of Smashbox mascara, but somehow I'm allergic to this full exposure mascara… Really love that shade of the lipstick though! Really need to give it a try!http://stylesprinter.com/

40. Morgan Winn
    August 9, 2016 / 5:12 pm

Love the comparisons, thanks for sharing! It always feels impossible to find the perfect one :)Morgan | http://www.monde-et-mode.com

41. hashtagfablife.com
    August 9, 2016 / 5:54 pm

I just got the x rated mascara in an ipsy bag! Can't wait to try it out! I'm gonna look into that primer too!HashtagFabLife

August 9, 2016 / 6:01 pm

Not for me. But I will send the link to my friends who are!!!

43. Sharon Wu of Style Lullaby
    August 9, 2016 / 6:14 pm

What perfect timing! I've been looking for a new mascara to replace my current one and will be giving this one a try 🙂 Thanks for sharing! xo, sharonwww.stylelullaby.com

44. Amber Lucas
    August 9, 2016 / 6:33 pm

I have a love/hate relationship with mascara; I love it, but it never seems to stay – or it stays too well. I think I might have found a product to solve my mascara removing woes, though. We shall see. Lovely review!Amberhttp://amusedblog.com

45. Kristin Thompson
    August 9, 2016 / 7:04 pm

Loved reading these reviews! My eyelashes are light blonde so mascara is my favorite form of makeup!KristinThe Blush Blonde

46. Morgan Flinchum
    August 9, 2016 / 8:17 pm

Always in the market for another good mascara!-MorganHow 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

47. Emily
    August 9, 2016 / 10:16 pm

Mascara is one of two makeup items I can't live without. Under eye concealer would be the other ;). Love these finds!

48. Anna Baun
    August 10, 2016 / 1:00 am

I am such a sucker for a great mascara! It's the only make-up I really lust after. Is it bad I feel like I need to leave the house right now to snag these? LOVE! XOAnna || A Lily Love Affair

49. bluedreamer27
    August 10, 2016 / 2:54 am

I cannot really relate much about this kind of cosmetic products but my sister have a bunch of those in her room… I wonder what does mascara actually do? does it make the eyes look bigger? or it give eyes shape?

50. Lizelle Cruz
    August 10, 2016 / 4:53 am

I really love mascaras!! Those products you listed look really nice!!

51. Lizelle Cruz
    August 10, 2016 / 4:54 am

I really love mascaras!! Those products you listed look really nice!!

52. Borka Saula
    August 10, 2016 / 7:56 am

These mascaras are amazing! Longer lashes can totally change your whole look. I can agree with you, even it it's no makeup day, my mascara is on my lashes!

53. Lily France
    August 10, 2016 / 1:09 pm

Lash primers make such a big difference, especially to lashes that aren't great in the first place (like mine!). Smashbox isn't too available in the UK but I'm gonna hunt down a store and try some :Plily xjolihouse.com

54. Amy L
    August 10, 2016 / 1:55 pm

I've heard so many good things about Smashbox! Sounds like a fantastic mascara and these photos are so pretty!!xoxoAmy | Pastel N Pink

55. TUYET KELLY
    August 10, 2016 / 4:51 pm

I've been looking for a new mascara. I'll have to try the Smashbox ones now, since I've never tried any of their makeup products before. Thanks for the post!

56. Adaleta
    August 10, 2016 / 5:40 pm

Ooooh I always love hearing about new mascaras because a girl can never have too many! xx Adaleta Avdic

57. Rose Sahetapy
    August 10, 2016 / 8:04 pm

You give difficult choices now…hehehe! They're all sound fabulous, but at the end my favourite one is X-Rated mascara. I like mascara that give from everyday lash look to over the top volume, and like you said this can be achieved in just a few layers.

58. Gold&Hearts Blog
    August 10, 2016 / 10:32 pm

I love the X-Rated mascara!Shaguna | gold&hearts

59. Joanna Davis
    August 11, 2016 / 9:34 am

Sounds like a great range of mascara. I didn't hear about this brand before but maybe that's because i don't live in Canada.

60. Sherry Howley
    August 12, 2016 / 3:43 pm

I'm in need a replacement mascara and I think I might try Full Exposure although…. I do REALLY miss my eyelash extensions and haven been thinking about getting them again.

61. Danika Schultz
    August 15, 2016 / 7:34 am

I always just buy drugstore mascara but your reviews make me wanna give smashbox a try! Thanks for sharing 🙂 xoxo,Danika | http://whatdanikadoes.com/

62. Sher
    August 16, 2016 / 4:04 am

ooh great review! i have the full exposure one, loved how you compared all three.Sherwww.shershegoes.com