Blemish Busters | My Top 3 Acne Fighting Spot Treatments | Reviews & Comparisons | labellesirene.ca

Let’s face it, acne is something that we ALL deal with and we will most likely continue dealing with it for the rest of our lives. Contrary to what we were told as kids, that acne was just a sign of puberty, it sticks around in one form or another throughout our twenties, thirties as so on.

Whether you have super oily or ultra dry skin or something in between. If you suffer from occasional spots or constant cystic bumps, acne is annoying and we will do whatever we can to hide it, treat it or beat it.

Personally, I deal with the occasional cystic spot and quite a few clogged pores that turn into under the skin bumps. Over the years of testing out different products I have constantly gone back to a few specific products to save the day when a pimple arises so I wanted to share my Top 3 Acne Fighting Spot Treatments.

1. Kate Somerville’s Eradikate$29 CAD/$24 USD (1oz)

This sulfur based, biphase treatment is good for all skin types but is not for those with very sensitive skin. It is an intensive blemish banishing acne treatment designed to fit pimples, zits and future breakouts. It is formulated with the highest level of sulfur allowed to effectively heal blemishes, reduce acne and help keep skin free of new breakouts. Sulphur is an incredible ingredient in spot treatments because it does not dry out the skin while disinfecting.

It is a two part product that features a sulphur and zinc oxide based sediment in the bottom of the bottle topped off with alcohol. It contains AHA’s that are designed to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores while zinc oxide, a natural mineral, provides oil control by absorbing excess oil production. It also features Salicylic Acid for extra fighting power.

2. Origin’s Super Spot Remover Acne Treatment Gel$20 CAD/$16 USD (0.3 oz)

This Salicylic Acid based treatment is good for most skin types but is also on the stronger end of the spectrum. It is a light blue gel that features an active ingredient of Saw Palmetto – a fruit that possesses powerful antiseptic properties and is known to be a potent purifier. It also contains super exfoliators that help to eliminate excess oils and pore clogging debris.

To help with the healing process it contains caffeine and red algae which are meant to calm skin and help relieve redness. Lastly it features Anti-Spot Technology that helps to correct dark spots left behind after a blemish is banished.

3. Paula’s Choice Clear Daily Skin Clearing Treatment (Extra Strength) – $18 USD (2.25oz)

This light lotion treatment is safe for all skin types and is the most gentle of the three. It is a Benzoyl Peroxide based treatment that works to eliminate acne-causing bacteria without using any harsh or irritating ingredients like alcohol, menthol or camphor. The gentle formula also contains soothing anti-irritants to help skin heal and reduce redness. It is a lightweight lotion that quickly sets to a matte finish and can even be worn under makeup.

ApplicationTips & Tricks

– start with clean, moisturized face

– use a cotton swab to dip/dab/deposit the product

– use a TINY bit

– only apply it directly on the spot so you don’t dry out the surrounding skin

– apply at night so it has time to work it’s magic

– use only once a day and be consistent

– don’t touch it!

So there you go! Those are my Top 3 Acne Fighting Spot Treatments in order of how much I love them. I hope this helped you learn a little more about these treatments and how to apply them!

1. Allison Jones
    July 27, 2016 / 5:09 pm

Acne spots are definitely something that I struggle with! I'm definitely going to check these out. Thanks for sharing. LiveLifeWell, Allison

2. Brittany Comeaux
    July 27, 2016 / 5:18 pm

Thank you for this! I feel like I am constantly dealing with acne. I am seriously going to give each of these products a try!

3. The Flynnigans
    July 27, 2016 / 5:41 pm

I struggle with acne around that time of the month, never used to but boy I do now. Thanks for sharing, would be interested in trying #1 or #2. 🙂

4. Katy
    July 27, 2016 / 5:47 pm

The Origins Spot Remover is fantastic! I used to use it all the time when I had breakouts, and they'd be gone within a day or two. I ran out, and have to be careful what I put on my skin due to pregnancy, but I will for sure go out and buy the Spot Remover again-Katyskinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com

5. Christine Rosko
    July 27, 2016 / 5:52 pm

These are really great suggestions. I don't have terrible acne but I do get the occasional zits and they stick around for a long time.

6. Emily Woodard
    July 27, 2016 / 5:55 pm

Definitely need to try that Kate Sommerville product. I think Mario Badescu has a similar product at Ulta!

7. Elizabeth Johnson
    July 27, 2016 / 6:34 pm

Thanks for this list of products! I have spots from time to time and do not really have a go to method. This is very helpful! Thanks!

8. Nellwyn
    July 27, 2016 / 6:49 pm

Thanks for this list! I've never tried any of these products but I've heard good things about Origins so I might have to give it a shot.

9. Tanvi Rastogi
    July 27, 2016 / 7:18 pm

Thanks for sharing. I haven't tried these and I need a fix right now! :)∞ © tanvii.com ∞

10. Annie Lail
    July 27, 2016 / 7:18 pm

Great post, thanks for these picks! I am always looking for some good spot treatments!

11. Shane Prather
    July 27, 2016 / 7:58 pm

I struggle with Acne the most in summer months. I may have to give these products a try!

12. hashtagfablife.com
    July 27, 2016 / 8:09 pm

I definitely need to try some of these out! The kate somerville product sounds perfect!HashtagFabLife

13. Melissa Latimer
    July 27, 2016 / 8:32 pm

Ive heard great things about Paula's Choice. I struggle with breakouts often, so I definitely appreciate your tips.

14. Melissa Latimer
    July 27, 2016 / 8:33 pm

15. Sandy Mangis
    July 27, 2016 / 8:49 pm

This can be a true problem. I was blessed and found great products in my younger years and know that you need to stay on top of it as you age. These are great products. Will keep these in mind.

16. Kerrie
    July 27, 2016 / 9:18 pm

Thanks for this post, I am going to check out if I can get it in Australia for my girls.

17. Liz Mays
    July 27, 2016 / 9:43 pm

These sound like some great treatments to look into. I think the Origin's gel would be nice to have for bad breakouts.

18. bc21578
    July 27, 2016 / 10:20 pm

Yes, I'm in my late 30s and still have acne issues!

19. Candace Kage
    July 27, 2016 / 10:40 pm

The spot acne treatment would be something I would be interested in trying out.

20. Travel Pockets (Crystal)
    July 27, 2016 / 10:49 pm

I'll have to tell my friend about these! She gets acne pretty bad.

21. Carol Cassara
    July 27, 2016 / 11:10 pm

I get them so rarely. But would you belieeve I was looking for a product like this just 2 weeks ago. Thank you for this, pinning.

22. Alison @ Puppies and Pretties
    July 27, 2016 / 11:28 pm

Acne is something I definitely struggle with. I've been on the hunt for a good spot treatment and will have to look into Paula's Choice a bit more.

23. Jessica
    July 28, 2016 / 12:49 am

Thanks for this list! I find myself trying many different things, I am going to try these!

24. Greta Hollar
    July 28, 2016 / 1:10 am

I definitely need to try some of these products. I struggle with the same thing so new tricks are much appreciated!Greta | http://www.gretahollar.com

July 28, 2016 / 1:25 am

I really want to try the Kate Somerville product! It looks perfect.xoxo, Jenny

26. slreed
    July 28, 2016 / 1:40 am

I am always looking for acne treatments I may have to try these

27. Dixya
    July 28, 2016 / 3:08 am

thank you for these recommendations!

28. Kayla
    July 28, 2016 / 3:12 am

Thank you for the suggestions, and the tips! I usually only get whiteheads one week out of the month (thanks, mother nature), so I hate splurging for all-out acne treatments. I'll have to give these spot treatments a go!

29. Travel Pockets (Crystal)
    July 28, 2016 / 3:13 am

I think I've heard of these treatments before. Might have to try them out!

30. Sharon Wu of Style Lullaby
    July 28, 2016 / 3:29 am

I have to try these out! Thanks for sharing xo, sharonwww.stylelullaby.com

31. Elizabeth O.
    July 28, 2016 / 3:41 am

Acne can be a real pain especially when you're on your teen years. It's really good to have products that can help you fight acne, thanks for this list!

32. Amanda @ A Good Hue
    July 28, 2016 / 3:48 am

Ugh, I made it through my teens with a zit here and there and thought I was acne-free. Nope. I started getting more a few years ago in my late 20s– so annoying! I'll have to try these out, I haven't found anything I love (except tea tree oil, but I get an allergic reaction from it 🙁 )

33. Bree Hogan
    July 28, 2016 / 5:02 am

Urgh I'm in my 30's and I still get pimples – argh! Always interested to hear about new products that might help in the never-ending pimple-be-gone quest.

34. Kirsten Ortez
    July 28, 2016 / 5:16 am

Might have to try some of these… I never get a bunch of pimples but I occasionally get those really nasty buggers that really hurt! I'm so bad about picking them too *covers face in shame*http://thewanderingbrunette.com

35. Mr Tom James
    July 28, 2016 / 10:50 am

Nothing worse than getting spots, I did a few posts about them on my blog. I was lucky enough to be gifted a Proactiv kit which was phenomenal.

36. Samantha Reveley
    July 28, 2016 / 11:12 am

I've been having pretty frequent breakouts recently, so will definitely be trying these out. Its so hard getting your skin under control sometimes!Samantha xo | Blended To Perfection

37. Amanda Rosson
    July 28, 2016 / 11:49 am

Thanks for sharing! I'm always looking for new acne products to try to keep my adult acne under control!

38. Ivelisse Estes
    July 28, 2016 / 12:14 pm

I love how bright your pictures are! lol Do you use a specific light or filter? :DLove,Ivelisse | CarnationDreams.com

39. bluedreamer27
    July 28, 2016 / 12:37 pm

this is the kind of product my sister need… she used to get acne outbreak especially if she has a period . so these products will help her a lot especially to make those spots less visiblethanks a lot for the recommendations

40. Cori Large
    July 28, 2016 / 1:33 pm

Recently I've been having problems with acne on my forehead, it's more subdermal than white heads all over. Exfoliating helps, but then it comes back. Annoying.

41. Jolina
    July 28, 2016 / 4:15 pm

Using just a tiny bit is a great tip. When I see a red spot starting to pop out I slobber it with treatment thinking the more product I put on it the quicker it will go away! But I guess I am just wasting product that way.

42. Nina Bosken
    July 28, 2016 / 5:29 pm

As someone who has dealt with acne my whole life, I'm always weary to try new stuff. But I do love your tips!Ninaaworldofdresses.com

43. Mindy
    July 28, 2016 / 9:18 pm

I've heard such great things about KateSomerville products. I need to try these out! Lately I've been using Tula's exfoliating mask and dabbing a bit on my break out. Then, I let it stay on my skin overnight and when I wake up my skin is so much more clear!

44. Michelle Mink
    July 28, 2016 / 9:37 pm

i wish i wasn't still dealing with acne now that i'm mid 20s but it's just something that's sticking around. i have been looking for new treatments so i'm really curious about checking these out.

45. Michaela Quigley
    July 29, 2016 / 1:03 am

Thanks for sharing!

46. Karla Pitzen
    July 29, 2016 / 2:56 am

I like the Daily Treatment option (#3) the best, because it seems to be more preventative.

47. Tiffany Khyla
    July 29, 2016 / 5:22 am

Definitely need to try these! Thanks for the recommendations!

48. Lizelle Cruz
    July 29, 2016 / 5:56 am

I also have a similar product to the first one on your post and I really love it! Nice products you have too

49. Kerry O'Byrne
    July 29, 2016 / 10:06 am

How good would life be without spots?! I've tried the origins blemish products and they really work wonders!

50. Amber Battishill
    July 29, 2016 / 6:51 pm

I've heard great things about that Origins product! It's definitely on my list to pick up soon!

51. Lubka Henry
    July 30, 2016 / 9:02 am

Great feature and thoughtful review. I love your flatlay photography!

52. Kate Steadman
    August 1, 2016 / 10:53 am

In general I seem to be very lucky in that my skin has been staying pretty clear lately, but should it start having problems, I will certainly look into all of this!xo,Sara Kate Styling

53. Kristen Carlson
    August 1, 2016 / 9:17 pm

I am in my 30s and still struggle with acne. I saved this and will try out these products!

54. Kusum
    August 2, 2016 / 5:33 am

I struggle with the same issues too, damn those adamant acne spots, so annoying. I will have to give these products a try.xx, Kusum | http://www.sveeteskapes.com

55. Oksana Radionova
    August 2, 2016 / 2:15 pm

I've heard and read so much positive feedback about the Kate Somerville brand, will definitely need to try it out! Thanks for sharing!

56. Morgan Flinchum
    August 2, 2016 / 5:10 pm

Luckily I haven't had many blemishes since being on accutane but … I would be interested in getting the Origins product you mentioned for when I do have them-MorganHow 2 Wear It [] http://how2wearit.com

57. Ana Ojha
    August 5, 2016 / 10:49 pm

I use Benzyl peroxide gel whenever I'm having acne and it works on my skin. Thanks for sharing about these products. I'll check this out!