To The Rescue | Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional Matte Rescue Invisible Finish Mattifying Gel | Review & Swatches | labellesirene.ca

Being a girl with dry skin I am always aiming for a healthy radiant glow but I am well aware that my girls with more normal to oily skin are all about that matte life. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE to rock a fully matte look on occasion but I knew I needed to up my game and get someone else on my side who could help me test out the true abilities of matte products.

So I enlisted my closest oily skin friend, Heather, to be my guinea pig and now I have a much better understanding of how mattifying products truly work. The first product I wanted to review and share with you is from the new extension to the Benefit Cosmetics’ POREfessional range.

The POREfessional primer is a firm favourite of mine for days when I want a smooth, velvety canvas and I knew Heather already loved it too but how does this new addition add up to the test?

The new POREfessional Matte Rescue Invisible Finish Mattifying Gel (1.6oz) retails for $36 CAD/$28 USD and comes in a stellar silver metallic tube with a modern version of the POREfessional Spy front and centre  It has a very James Bond, Inspector Gadget vibe to it and I personally love it!

The Details

The Matte Rescue Gel is a lightweight, water based gel that is meant to be used along side a primer (the POREfessional primer) – like a partner in crime if you will. This gel is applied after moisturizer and before primer to prep your skin for any upcoming makeup.

The blue tinted gel will sink into your skin instantly reducing shine, filling in pores and absorbing excess surface oil. It features diamond powder which is known for its soft focus blurring effect to minimize the look of pores and fine lines. The result is an invisible mattifying effect that looks natural and like your very own skin but improved.

The lightweight gel texture feels cooling and refreshing as the silicone helps it glides over the skin smoothly. The water based formula gives it the ability to hydrate lightly without producing more oil or shine and it doesn’t dry out the skin whatsoever.

How To Use

The Matte Rescue Gel is meant to be used after moisturizer and before primer so once you have prepped your skin apply the gel in smooth strokes pushing it into the skin and then pat your chosen primer over the top.

The patting motion will ensure the products work together rather then disrupting each other. Once set, the combination leaves pores and fine lines minimized and shine reduced. Your makeup will glide on smoothly and the finished product will be a flawless, airbrushed finish.

Does It Pass The Test?

Absolutely! Both Heather and I tested it thoroughly and we both gave it the thumbs up! It fulfilled every promise it made and it worked for both of us. It mattified my skin and left me with a velvety soft complexion that wasn’t dry or unnatural. It kept Heather’s skin matte all day long and kept oil from peeking through throughout the day. She loved the finish it gave her and felt like she didn’t need to touch up nearly as much.

The Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional Matte Rescue Invisible Finish Mattifying Gel is available at Sephora, Ulta, Beauty Boutique and Benefit Boutiques

1. Giulia Malano
    March 28, 2016 / 4:45 pm

Amazing! I like your blog, would you like to follow each other?:)http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

2. Olivia
    March 28, 2016 / 7:09 pm

Benefit is amazing!! My pores annoy me so much I am definitely thinking about getting this product!-OliviaMiss Olivia Says

3. Amanda | Maple Alps
    March 28, 2016 / 7:31 pm

I have tried so many different products for my dry skin – especially in the Winter. This may be worth a try!

4. Michelle Mink
    March 28, 2016 / 7:43 pm

benefit cosmetics are my favorite!! i have a sample of porefessional but haven't tried it out yet i should

5. Angela Tolsma
    March 28, 2016 / 7:57 pm

I love benefit cosmetics and I have been debating this! I will have to pick it up!! Love your review style

6. Cristina Mandujano
    March 28, 2016 / 8:43 pm

I love benefit – they always have the best stuff! I haven't heard of porefessional till now but it seems great! X,Cristinacristinawashere.com

7. Leslie
    March 28, 2016 / 9:44 pm

This is pretty cool. I think I have normal skin, it's not really oily. I'll have to tell a few friends alt this though. I think it would work great for them, especially since spring & summer is coming.

8. Olivia
    March 28, 2016 / 10:29 pm

I've never really thought about matte make up before. This is such a neat product to use!

9. A Peachy Sonder
    March 28, 2016 / 11:07 pm

I've always wanted to try their products and am so happy to have read this review! I have oily skin and have been shuffling around to find a great primer routine.

10. Jordyn Upchurch
    March 28, 2016 / 11:53 pm

I am dying to try something from Benefit, their packaging is just too cute! We're getting an Ulta soon and I can't wait to try all new things :)xoxo, SSThe Southern Stylista

11. Catherine Short
    March 29, 2016 / 12:40 am

I love Benefits packaging. It's hard to not want to try all of their products.

12. All The Things I Do
    March 29, 2016 / 1:54 am

Make skin care and makeup pretty much is noxzema and night cream of coco butter lol. I'm not totally sure what kind of skin I have but I'd guess try only because I've been using moisturizer religiously since I was like 10 so I think my skin freaks out without it.

13. Arin {Heart of Chic}
    March 29, 2016 / 2:25 am

OMG, love benefit cosmetics! I never even want to use them bc the packaging is just too cute! http://www.heartofchic.com

14. Ashleigh Wright
    March 29, 2016 / 3:22 am

I need this in my life! I love all beauty products and all the wonderful benefit to each one! Thank you for sharing!

15. Ashley
    March 29, 2016 / 3:32 am

I love Benefit! Definitely need to check this product out! xo Ashley

16. Diana
    March 29, 2016 / 4:27 am

Benefit is def my favorite brand. P.S. love your photos, they are so high quality!

17. Shane Prather
    March 29, 2016 / 10:52 am

I love Benefit, adorable packaging and quality products!

18. Erica Ligenza
    March 29, 2016 / 2:34 pm

THANK YOU for guinea pigging on an oily skinned gal! I'm oilier, so seeing her perspective that she absolutely endorses it, too, means a lot. Sounds like a fabulous product!!Coming Up Roses

19. Brittany Bly
    March 29, 2016 / 2:42 pm

I have the other Pore-fessional but not the Mattifying Gel! I will definitely try this. I also really like the Dr. Brandt Pores No More.http://popshopamerica.com/

20. Fairy Princess Jord
    March 29, 2016 / 7:07 pm

I actually received this product in a gift set and I haven't tried it yet, excited to see if I love it as much as you do!

21. The Classic Brunette
    March 29, 2016 / 7:17 pm

I love Benefit, will have to try this!xoSamiwww.theclassicbrunette.com

22. Brittany
    March 29, 2016 / 8:42 pm

These sound like great products! I love Benefit but I haven't tried this line yet.Southern Soul

23. Shannon Rice
    March 30, 2016 / 1:02 am

Benefit always has the best packaging! This sounds like a great product and it's definitely something I could use :)ShannonClothes & Quotes

24. Alicia Snow
    March 30, 2016 / 5:50 am

I got a sample of this product and I love it! I need to purchase the full-size.

25. Wildfire Charm
    March 30, 2016 / 7:53 am

This looks like a cool product and the colour is interesting too. It seems like that extra step to make my makeup look better xwww.wildfirecharm.com

26. Seersucker Sass
    March 30, 2016 / 1:46 pm

My pores are a disaster, so I have been really intrigued by this product, but I've never given it a try! I really appreciate the thorough review 🙂 I'll have to play with it next time I go shopping. Your blog is soooo bad for my bank account!XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

27. Dollhouse Goddesses
    April 1, 2016 / 1:17 pm

Benefit has some amazing products. I have yet to try this one but you've inspired the dolls to try!