The New Highlight | Kat Von D Thunderstruck Metal Crush Eyeshadow | Review & Swatches

Kat Von D Thunderstruck Metal Crush Eyeshadow | The New Way To Highlight | Review & Swatches | labellesirene.ca

I don’t think it’s any secret that I am ALL about that highlight life. I pretty much can’t leave the house without at least a little bit of a glow whether it comes from a glowy primer, a moisturizer or an illuminating powder. I hoard highlighting products like chocolate and I am constantly looking the latest and greatest to add to my collection.

A couple of months ago, a girl in Sephora and I got to talking highlights and she showed me Kat Von D’s Metal Crush Eyeshadows and in particular the shade Thunderstruck. Let’s just say that it was love at first sight and it has been an intense affair ever since.

The Kat Von D Metal Crush Eyeshadows retail for $25 CAD/$21 USD and come in 11 stunning shades. They are incredibly unique shadows with an ultra finely milled formula that provides rich pigmentation with a sleek metallic finish.

The Metal Crush Eyeshadows come in simple black compacts with a clear lid so you can see the colour inside and a beautiful silver emblem in the centre. Inside each compact is 0.10 oz of the most beautiful eyeshadows on the earth. These shadows are incredibly creamy, buttery soft and silky to the touch.

The shade range is full of rich, vibrant shades (reds, oranges, purples, golds and greens)  and each shadow is so insanely saturated that you get full colour payoff in one swipe. They are so packed with pigment that you don’t even need a primer to get bold, in your face colour.

There are no mattes or satins in this range, every single shadow is stunning metallic that demands all of your attention. These shadows offer a true foiled finish, they leave more of an intense sheen than an obvious shimmer or glitter effect and if you use them wet, they will look like slick liquified metal.

This unbeatable formula is all thanks to Kat’s exclusive Colour-Soaked Concentrate, a “technique in which pigment saturated powders undergo a unique tumbling process that softens and smooths each particle until the shadow is creamy and lustrous – leaving behind the highest possible levels of pigment and pearl”.

The shade that won over my heart was Thunderstruck, a STUNNING white gold with an iridescent pearl finish. I fell so hard for Thunderstruck because not only does it have an incredible formula but it is the most perfect highlight ever created.

Now, I happen to think it is the most perfect highlight because it is intense, you will be blinding astronauts on space shuttles if you apply too much of this baby. The super powered formula and bright pearl finish make for an opalescent wonder. It is a breathtaking white gold highlight that reflects differently in various lights and atmospheres.

The white gold base makes it perfect for people with fair – medium skin tones who want something a little more cool toned. Personally I prefer to use white or pink based highlights because more gold or yellow toned ones can often look muddy or dirty on my complexion.

I also love that the formula is so rich and creamy because it means the highlight will look less obvious and more natural if that’s at all possible. It makes it a million times easier to blend and you don’t need nearly as much product because it is so pigmented. It also lasts all day long and never seems to fade or melt away.

Thunderstruck is literally the most beautiful product on the planet and the Metal Crush Eyeshadows are incredible. I have tried two other shades and they work just as well but Thunderstruck will always be the closest to my heart.

You can pick up the Kat Von D Metal Crush Eyeshadows at Sephora or Kat Von D Beauty

1. Lindsay Rosasco
    February 15, 2016 / 1:29 pm

Wow, beautiful! I love your thorough description of the product. Will you think I'm crazy if I told you I never highlight?? It's not that I don't want to – I'm very interested in it, but 1. never really knew how to and 2. sometimes my skin has some blemishes, and I worry a highlight will make it worse. This looks like a very easy, approachable way to highlight!!

2. Mayra
    February 15, 2016 / 1:38 pm

How pretty! I love her lip products. I might have to give this one a try.

February 15, 2016 / 1:53 pm

Looks great on you! I am SO not good with makeup. I need to learn how to contour and highlight. Thank you for the inspiration!!

4. Mikayla Christiansen
    February 15, 2016 / 1:53 pm

I love highlights. This is so gorgeous! Mikayla | A Seersucker State of Mind.

5. Anna
    February 15, 2016 / 2:17 pm

I haven't tried her line yet so thanks for explaining what's unique about it.

6. Anna Hubbard
    February 15, 2016 / 3:05 pm

I've always looked at Kat Von D makeup, but I've never tried it. Maybe now I will! Thanks for sharing this product! :)-Anna | http://www.fivefootandfabulous.com

7. Elizabeth Falcigno
    February 15, 2016 / 3:06 pm

I have been wanting to try her makeup!! The highlights are beautiful!

8. Annaliese
    February 15, 2016 / 3:18 pm

I'm looking for a new highlighter- I never would have thought to look and eye shadows!! Really enjoyed this review!xoxo Awww.southernbelleintraining.com

February 15, 2016 / 3:23 pm

Wow this looks beautiful!I feel like it would work well on my skin as well.xoxo, Jenny

10. Savannah Ward
    February 15, 2016 / 3:32 pm

I don't know a lot about this makeup line, but I'm glad you found a product you love!http://thealwaysblog.com

11. A Peachy Sonder
    February 15, 2016 / 4:03 pm

I've never heard of this brand before, and will definitely need to check it out! What a gorgeous product!

12. Tiffani
    February 15, 2016 / 5:03 pm

Those colors look phenomenal on you! I LOVE finding makeup that I really love!

13. Miche
    February 15, 2016 / 5:28 pm

I hate leaving the house without something on too! love your look!Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

14. Joanna Malefaki
    February 15, 2016 / 6:01 pm

I am looking for a new highlighter. I might give this one a shot!

15. Joanna Malefaki
    February 15, 2016 / 6:01 pm

I am looking for a new highlighter. I might give this one a shot!

16. BrighterDarling
    February 15, 2016 / 7:04 pm

Very clever using that eyeshadow shade as a highlight – I haven't seen or read anyone else think of it for that purpose. I really need to check these out in stores … everyone seems to really love them πŸ™‚

17. Cristina on Campus
    February 15, 2016 / 7:25 pm

I love a good highlight, but never know what to use! This shade looks amazing – Kat Von D has some really awesome stuff πŸ™‚ X,cristinaoncampus.blogspot.com

18. Alex
    February 15, 2016 / 8:28 pm

OH my goodness, SO pretty!!! I’ve (embarrassingly enough) never learned how to highlight hahahah. Need to get on that πŸ˜‰

19. Rachel S.
    February 15, 2016 / 8:51 pm

This shade is definitely the one I would pick, it's beautiful!RachelShuchatMakeup

20. Shaylee Anne
    February 15, 2016 / 8:56 pm

Ummm why have I not seen this sooner? I need this! Especially as a fair-skinned girl!!

21. Justine Y @ Little Dove Creations
    February 15, 2016 / 11:45 pm

What a pretty color! You also took some gorgeous pictures for this post. πŸ™‚ I honestly can't imagine spending that much on a make up product, but I'm sure the quality makes it worth it.

22. Oksana Radionova
    February 16, 2016 / 2:27 am

I've been meaning to try so many products from her line! I love your description of the products – especially the "blinding astronauts" line. Too funny!XO, Oksana from FOXYOXIE.com

23. Amy L
    February 16, 2016 / 2:34 am

These products look amazing! I may need to pick these up for my friend because I know she'll love them!xoxoAmy | Pastel N Pink

24. Hil D
    February 16, 2016 / 3:14 am

I've never even heard of that brand. Looks great!

25. Crystal
    February 16, 2016 / 3:21 am

I love Kat Von D's products. I'll have to try this one out! Thanks for the thorough review!

26. Chelsea Olivia
    February 16, 2016 / 6:04 am

There are sooo many KVD products I need to try! I swear everytime you post, I add something new to my wishlist. πŸ˜‰

27. Allison Jones
    February 16, 2016 / 11:55 am

I absolutely love Kat Von D's line. The lipsticks are EVERYTHING! I need to try this as well. Best Wishes, Allison | http://www.LiveLifeWellBlog.com

February 16, 2016 / 5:24 pm

What a stunning highlight!! That is so beautiful!!

29. Bella B
    February 16, 2016 / 6:45 pm

I would never have thought to use the product for this. So clever!

30. Katherine L
    February 16, 2016 / 8:46 pm

I love cooler toned highlights, but I've never thought of using an eyeshadows as a highlight. I think the colour is absolutely gorgeous for both the cheeks and eyes, especially for us pale gals! It looks gorgeous on you! Katherine || The Green Bows

31. Emily
    February 17, 2016 / 6:41 am

What a gorgeous color that looks fab on you!

32. Jenn, hellorigby.com
    February 18, 2016 / 10:50 pm

This is absolutely beautiful! Love how you used it as a highlighter, I do that with Stila Kitten quite often too! πŸ™‚

33. jone do
    September 11, 2017 / 10:33 am

packers and movers raipur offers Best Packers and Movers services in Raipur, Packers and Movers Raipur, Movers & Packers Raipur, Packers Movers Raipur,Β … packers and movers in bhubaneswar We Provide Best Packers And Movers Bhubaneswar List for Get Free Best Quotes, Compare Charges, Save Money And Time, Household Shifting ServicesΒ …packers and movers patna "Local Packers And Movers Patna" prompt moving, relocation and shifting services for people and corporation moving to "Patna" and round the India.