Naturally Sculpted | Cream Contouring With Stila’s Shape & Shade Custom Contour Duo | Review & Swatches

Cream Contouring With Stila's Shape & Shade Contour Duo | Natural Sculpted Contouring Made Easy | labellesirene.ca

Anyone who knows me, knows that I never do anything half way. I have an all or nothing personality and it tends to make itself known in my creative vices, whether it be makeup, writing or decorating my apartment. When it comes to makeup I am either a full glam kind of girl or a nothing but sunscreen kind of girl, that’s just how I function. I will occasionally throw on a no-makeup makeup look when time is crunched but even then I never go without my contour.

My contour routine rotates between a powder (more dramatic) and a cream (more natural) depending on whatever look I’m creating and my absolute go to cream contouring product is the Stila Shape & Shade Custom Contour Duo

The Stila Shape & Shade Custom Contour Duo retails for $52 CAD/$40 USD and comes in three shades – light, medium and deep. It is a cream to matte contour & highlight duo that features one contour and one highlight shade both with 0.35oz of product.

The Shape & Shade Duo will give you a natural, flawless contour with a soft, seamless finish and a hint of warmth. The ultra creamy formula melts into skin to accentuate the natural hollows and high points of the face while giving a smooth, naturally sculpted appearance.

The duo has a silkiness that helps it glide over the skin without accentuating patches or texture. It actually features line filling properties that work to instantly blur imperfections and even out the skin with a soft focus “filtered” appearance (I find it glides over the texture on my cheeks and makes them less visible).

The formula is infused with Stila’s “high performance technology pigments” which are specially coated to ensure a higher colour payoff and longer wear. That technology results in beautifully pigmented creams offering light, buildable coverage that blends flawlessly with either fingers, a brush or a sponge.

The creams apply smoothly and can be built upon easily with either cream or powder. A little goes a very long way so it’s best to apply a small amount, blend it out and add another layer until you get your ideal depth. The cream will set to a velvety matte finish that is water, sweat and transfer proof and lasts for 7-8 hours. If you choose to set it with a powder it will last even longer.

The contour shade in the “Light” palette has a great natural shadowy tone to it while also having enough warmth to reflect the natural radiance of skin. When looking for a contour shade, I look for something that is cooler toned but also has warmth and this one is pretty much perfect. When swatched it might look a bit intense but when blended out it looks like you have the most perfect naturally sculpted cheekbones.

The highlight shade is a light cream with a yellow undertone that is great for brightening and accentuating the high points of your face but I do wish it was lighter because it is slightly too dark for my fair skin.

The look above was created using the Stila Shape & Shade Custom Contour Duo and the Stila Stay All Day Bronzer For Face & Body. As you can see it creates the most flawless, “naturally” sculpted cheekbones possible and adds a beautiful warmth and depth on top of that. I absolutely adore how silky the creams are and how they melt right into the skin. The finish they leave is gorgeous and they work so well with other products.

The Stila Shape & Shade Custom Contour Duo is the only cream contour product that has won me over and I cannot recommend it more. You can purchase it at your local Beauty Boutique or Sephora and online at Sephora, Stila, Beauty Boutique, Murale and  Scarlet & Julia

1. Kristine C
    January 18, 2016 / 7:37 pm

I love the packaging of the product!! I've never tried any of Stila's face products, but I like the look you achieved using them!

2. Jordyn Upchurch
    January 18, 2016 / 8:12 pm

Your makeup looks flawless and totally makes me want to try out this product!xoxo, SSThe Southern Stylista

3. Annaliese
    January 18, 2016 / 8:17 pm

This looks fantastic on you! I love contouring and this product seems like it could help me a lot. :-)xoxo Awww.southernbelleintraining.com

4. Shane Prather
    January 18, 2016 / 8:39 pm

You look stunning, will have to try it for myself!

5. Molly
    January 18, 2016 / 8:59 pm

Your makeup looks so nice! I love Stila, I think a lot of people ignore the brand but they make some of my favorite products!Molly and Stacie

6. Cristina on Campus
    January 18, 2016 / 9:24 pm

This looks so gorgeous! I'm new to the contouring and highlighting, but I do love Stila products, so I may have to get this for myself!X,cristinaoncampus.blogspot.com

7. Dara @ The Southern Thing
    January 18, 2016 / 9:29 pm

This is such natural looking contour! So pretty!

8. Hannah Stein
    January 18, 2016 / 9:45 pm

This looks awesome! A bit pricey for me at the moment, but looks like it's worth every penny. Thanks so much for sharing!

9. Ashley @ Lilly & Lemons
    January 18, 2016 / 10:13 pm

Your makeup is stunning!

10. Elaine Atkins
    January 18, 2016 / 11:41 pm

Vavavoom!! LOVE how your cheek bones pop! I'm so scared to contour lol! But you're making me envious!

11. ColorMeSoCrazy
    January 19, 2016 / 12:25 am

Cheek bones for DAYYYSSSS! I love your makeup and that lippy is great! I love that these are so usable, too. Great recommendation.

12. Hannah Madison
    January 19, 2016 / 12:29 am

You make it look so easy! I am interested in learning more about contouring but it feels a little overwhelming. I'll have to check out these Stila products :-)XO,Hannah from HMS Jewels

13. hashtagfablife.com
    January 19, 2016 / 2:26 am

Love stila products! You cheekbones look stunning! I need to try this out!HashtagFabLife

14. Allison Jones
    January 19, 2016 / 2:51 am

Your makeup looks amazing! I haven't quite gotten contouring down yet but it's something I really need to master. All the Best, Allison | http://www.LiveLifeWellBlog.com

15. Tiffany Khyla
    January 19, 2016 / 6:59 am

Your makeup looks absolutely incredible! That lipstick looks amazing on you. I've always been interested in contouring, but I haven't been brave enough to take the plunge! Ingrid Nilsen just posted a video about contouring, and I just adore her, so I'm going to share it with you 🙂 — https://youtu.be/Jsj8f4RTq4Y

16. Deux Bella
    January 19, 2016 / 2:48 pm

I've been looking for a good cream contour so I am happy to see your review on this 🙂 Thanks!

17. Lindsey Aleson
    January 19, 2016 / 5:47 pm

So jealous of your makeup. This is still a skill I am learning.

18. adriana nudo
    January 19, 2016 / 6:22 pm

These colors are great!! I want to try this, and your pictures are beautiful too!!

19. Seersucker Sass
    January 19, 2016 / 8:58 pm

Ooh, I need to try this! My skin is super fair, and I've recently been super curious about contouring. You always have the best makeup finds!XO, SS || Seersucker Sass

20. Sammi Penni
    January 20, 2016 / 1:53 am

Wow, looking at the pan, I didn't know you could get that much pigmentation out of it! The contour looks lovely on you, really natural but sculpted at the same time.

21. Kays Ways
    January 20, 2016 / 2:39 am

Such a gorgeous look you've created! I've had my eyes on this duo for a while now. I use the face & body bronzer like everyday! I'll definitely be ordering this and a few more thing from them soon.

22. Chelsie Carr
    January 20, 2016 / 3:57 am

So Pretty! Stila is an amazing brand! I haven't tried any cream contours because I always over do it with them and they tend to look cakey on my skin!xo Chelsie @ Life with Rosie

23. PLDetails
    January 20, 2016 / 5:47 pm

Beautiful photography! Also, the colours in that contour palette look beautiful for us fairer skinned girls. Thanks for the great review!Jennifer Ashleywww.prettylittledetails.ca

24. Ursula Ball
    January 20, 2016 / 5:48 pm

I so use of seeing BOLD Stila shades but I am glad your makeup looks great on you! :)Ursulawww.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

25. Pick Your Beau
    January 20, 2016 / 6:09 pm

How gorgeous is this product! The pigmentation looks absolutely perfect – I've never used a lot of stila but I will definitely be checking this out!Pick Your Beau

26. Brigette Ramos
    January 21, 2016 / 2:51 am

Loved this review! I have this for my kit and I'm obsessed on how it looks on my clients. I def need this for myself 🙂

27. Katherine L
    January 22, 2016 / 1:26 am

For the most part, I'm far too lazy to contour (although I did it tonight since I was going out for a nice dinner). I feel like a cream contour would be a lot nicer for everyday use, but it would also be the longest to apply. You look gorgeous in the picture! Katherine || The Green Bows

28. Cassie Tucker
    January 22, 2016 / 3:28 pm

I have a cream contour that I'm using that I love and I've been looking for a cream highlight to add to that. I might have to give the Stila one a try!