I don’t think I’m the only person in the world that has an unhealthy addiction to makeup. I know there are quite a few of you that hoard every lipstick in every shade just like me but I also know that our obsession is completely unrealistic. The majority of the world buys bits and pieces to create a small daily kit with a few special pieces and it can be ridiculously difficult to figure out the best bits to buy when you’re standing in the massive aisles of the drugstore. So I thought I would gather my absolute favourite, must have products from the drugstore and share a quick review of each one.
A Good Base
1) L’oreal Paris Infallible Pro Matte Foundation ($19.99) – My current go to foundation, it feels light as a feather while offering medium to full coverage. A airy liquid that blends like a dream and gives the appearance of flawless skin. A powdery finish that is perfect for us combination or oily girls.
2) Maybelline By Face Studio Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer ($11.99)* – I have never found a concealer I love as much as this. It’s creamy, smooth, crazy pigmented and has high to full coverage. It lasts all day long and doesn’t crease. See my full review here.
3) L’oreal Paris La Palette Nude 1 ($29.99) – A good eyeshadow palette is almost impossible to find at an affordable price but L’oreal figured it out! This palette has 10 warm tone neutral shades in matte, satin and shimmer. They have good pigmentation, they blend beautifully and they last on the lid. An all around winner! Check out my full review here!
4) Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara ($9.99) – There are tons of great mascaras at the drugstore but none have captured my heart like this one. It gives full fanned out lashes, with length, volume and a super black tint. It has a handy double sided brush to get the most out of the mascara. See my full review here!
5) Essence Cosmetics Lip Liner in In The Nude ($1.49) – A true gem at the drugstore. These lip liners are buttery smooth, crazy pigmented and feel so ultra comfortable on the lips. You can wear them along the edges of the lips or fill them in for a full day of no fuss lip colour. See my full review here.
6) NYX Cosmetics Slim Lip Liner in Mauve ($3.50) – NYX always seems to knock it out of the park. Their slim lip pencils are one of my absolute favourite formulas and they beat out some of my higher end pencils. They are creamy and smooth and feel weightless on. They also come in 50 different shades! Mauve is the perfect rosy brown shade that you can pair with nudes, pinks and berries to add a bit of dimension or even wear it on its own!
7) Maybelline Colour Sensational Creamy Matte Lipsticks ($9.99) – Out of my entire collection of matte lipsticks I love none more than my Maybelline Creamy Mattes. They have the perfect formula, it’s creamy, smooth and ultra pigmented. The best bit is there are so comfortable and you don’t get any of that drying matte lipstick feel. Check out my full review here!
8) NYX Cosmetics Butter Gloss in Tiramisu ($5.00) – To top the lips off, the Butter Glosses are my favourite. I love that they are creamy and melt into your lips without any stickiness. Tiramisu is the perfect nude with a hint of brown, I have been rocking it almost every day on top of one of my favourite lip liners.
So those are my absolute must have products from the drugstore. I think every girl needs these things in their collection and I hope this helps you narrow down the mass of products available.
What are your must have products?