Style Saturday | Pleather & Plaid

On my journey of self acceptance I am constantly trying to venture outside of my fashion comfort zone and experiment with styles and pieces I wouldn’t otherwise wear. I have tried outfits that have made me feel beautiful and of course I have tried a few that just weren’t right but along the way I have learnt to better accept and understand my body. I am a curvy girl, I have hips and a butt and I have never been comfortable in pants and jeans – anything with structure – that made me feel confined because lets be honest most pants are not made with a booty in mind. I am slowly learning to be okay with showing off my assets and these “leather” leggings are a big step in that direction. There is nothing quite like a leather pant and I have had my eyes on a pair for the longest time but I knew if I wanted to take part in the trend I needed to find a pair that were more suited to a fuller figure. These leggings from Suzy Shier were the perfect solution, they have the look of leather without the difficult fit of a pant. I am really happy that I found the right pair for me it helps to remind me that I can make anything work if I stick to it.

Sweater – Sirens (Similar) | Leggings – Suzy Shier (Similar) | Scarf – Sexton In The City (Similar) | Handbag – Michael Kors | Shoes – Aldo (old) | Lipstick – Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in Touch of Spice

Is there a trend of piece of clothing you have wanted to try but haven’t had the courage?

1. miranda chan
    January 24, 2015 / 4:09 pm

Gorgeous 🙂 flaunt your curves if you got em girl…!!

2. Alexandra Miehe
    January 24, 2015 / 8:22 pm

This is a trend that I have been afraid to try! I just don't think it would suit me but I love to wear pleather skirts!! This outfit looks gorgeous on you!! The scarf looks so cozy!! xxAlexandra | The A Style | Beauty and lifestyle

3. Emily
    January 24, 2015 / 9:54 pm

I love the sweater, scarf, and bag that you're wearing! 🙂 Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

4. Jodi Butler
    January 24, 2015 / 11:12 pm

Gorgeous, Courtney! The plaid and the pleather look awesome together!

5. Jen27
    January 25, 2015 / 8:38 pm

Such a fantastic endeavour to go outside your comfort zone and find pieces that make you feel fabulous 🙂 Love those leather leggings on you :)-Jenwww.vibrantbeautyblog.com

6. Rose Frey
    January 31, 2015 / 6:34 pm

You look fabulous!! This is one of my favorite combinations. I use to be very thin but gained a lot of weight due to some health problems. It definitely is all about accepting your body and trying all different types of fashion. I'm the exact opposite: I'm just starting to find skirts and dresses. Looking forward to checking out your blog for inspiration!! Glad I found you on Instagram:)