Sweat Proof Makeup

Now I know it’s the end of August and Summer is almost over but in my chilly little neighbourhood I am still dreaming of beaches and lazy bike rides. Typically, the warmer months in my corner of the world last until late September so I would have at least one more month of summer love but this year Mother Nature seems to have changed her mind. It feels a bit more like October than August but that doesn’t stop me from wishing for long sunny days and sweltering temperatures. I’m hoping a perfect summer day will show itself soon but for now I will live vicariously through you lucky people who live in a warmer climate and share my must haves for sweat proof makeup.

1. A good lightweight base is a must! A great choice would be a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream but if you are looking for more coverage, stick with something like the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick or the Dream Wonder Fluid Foundation that incorporate powder particles to help create a matte finish.

2. Powder is your friend! In Summer there is a major difference between glowing skin and sweaty skin. My best advice is to lean towards a more matte or satin finish by setting your foundation with a powder. Not only will you look fresh all day but you’re makeup will stay put. My favourite is the Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder.

3. A setting spray is essential! I never leave the house without spraying on a little bit of the Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray. A spritz after you apply your base and at the very end of your routine will make sure your handiwork stays in place all day long. Chill is also great because it adds a bit of hydration to the mix.

4. Waterproof mascara is the way to go! Summer is the time of cottages and dips in the pool and you don’t want to have the dreaded raccoon eyes so make sure you pick a mascara that will stand up to the pressure. Benefit’s They’re Real is the best of the best when it comes to lasting through any situation.

5. Don’t forget those eyebrows! Even on the hottest of days you need to look put together and clean eyebrows always do the trick. Powder and pencil run the risk of melting off your face to try a gel or pomade that just wont budge! My go to is Benefit’s Gimme Brow!

6. Who has time for that? In the summer I am always rocking a bright lip but I don’t want to worry about fading, transferring or bleeding while I’m enjoying my iced tea so my must have is a lip stain! Revlon’s Colourstay Moisture Stains are the bees knees, bold shades in a super comfortable formula that lasts all day! The best bit is they can serve double duty as a cheek stain!

What are your sweat proof summer essentials?

1. Charlotte
    August 20, 2014 / 5:51 pm

Both of the moisture stains are lovely colours! What ones are they? X

• Courtney Connolly
      August 20, 2014 / 6:00 pm

They are Cannes Crush and Barcelona Nights! x

2. Elle
    August 20, 2014 / 11:50 pm

I honestly never heard of a setting spray. I def need this! By 2:00pm it like my makeup just melted off! Aha do you live in Canada? Because I hear ya, this summer totally sucked! I mean I am literally wearing pants outside and I feel COLD! Very disappointed esp since we had a rough winter.Love from Canada,Marie from Elle Charie. Check out my back 2 school makeup tutorial!

• Courtney Connolly
      August 23, 2014 / 6:18 pm

Hi Marie! Yes I live near Toronto, its been such a strange summer! I definitely wanted some more sunshine!

3. Blush Confetti
    August 21, 2014 / 1:20 am

Tinted moisturizers are my must for summer days – loved all your suggestions!xoBlush Confetti

• Courtney Connolly
      August 23, 2014 / 6:18 pm

Thank you! I love a good tinted moisturizer, Laura Mercier is my go to.

4. Hanh | Hanhabelle
    August 21, 2014 / 11:16 am

I've never seen that Maybelline foundation before, I'm currently using the loreal true match and it's nice and lightweight for the summer months!Hanh x | hanhabelle

• Courtney Connolly
      August 23, 2014 / 6:19 pm

I am loving the Loreal True Match as well, but the new Maybelline one is such a cool formula!

5. Paula thirteenthoughts.com
    August 21, 2014 / 4:36 pm

I thought that Summer was over here in the US, then this week we get hit with a 94F degree weather haha 🙂 I was getting ready to take all my cozy sweaters and boots out for Fall :).My skin is so oily and I try to wear as little makeup as possible during those hot days. I love Urban Decay's setting sprays, they are a bomb! "All nighter" is my favorite 🙂 I've tried that stick foundation and it didn't work too well on me, but my sister loves it 🙂 I like to use Make Up Forever's Mat Velvet+, it has such a light formula but keeps my oily skin at bay. PaulaMy beauty and lifestyle blog

• Courtney Connolly
      August 23, 2014 / 6:20 pm

Mother Nature is so confused right now! Its so cold and rainy here!

6. Jen27
    August 21, 2014 / 6:05 pm

Great picks! I find They're Real to hold up to heat and humidity so well and I'm really liking the Revlon Moisture Stain that I have :)-Jenwww.vibrantbeautyblog.com

• Courtney Connolly
      August 23, 2014 / 6:20 pm

Thanks Jen! I think They're Real would hold up in a hurricane! haha

7. Natalie
    August 22, 2014 / 4:56 pm

I love this post! Such a great idea and great recommendations 🙂

• Courtney Connolly
      August 23, 2014 / 6:21 pm

Thank you so much Natalie! Means so much!