The Top 15 Beauty Products Of 2015Monday, January 04, 2016
Happy New Year! I hope you all had amazing holidays and made a million happy memories. I took some time off for the holidays and it was very much needed as I got quite sick on boxing day. Now I am all rested up and ready to start off the new year with a bunch of exciting posts and new products to share with you!
To start the year off I wanted to round up my top 15 beauty products from 2015. These products are my most loved and most used. They are the products I found myself reaching for on a daily basis and couldn't do my makeup without.
1. Becca Cosmetics Backlight Priming Filter ($46) - a gorgeous lightweight primer that adds moisture and helps to blur imperfections while using 3 different luminous filters to help you glow to the heavens.
2. L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation ($20) - a feather light yet medium to full coverage foundation with a demi-matte finish. It gives you flawless skin that will remain perfect through a rain storm or a workout. Full review here.
3. Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder ($30) - an ultra fine transparent setting powder that uses a white base and light reflecting pigments to significantly brighten the undereye while setting any other makeup so that it lasts all day.
4. Stila Cosmetics Stay All Day Bronzer For Face & Body ($47) - a velvety satin-matte bronzer formulated for use on both the face and body. It has a gorgeous naturally luminous finish that gives you a stunning healthy glow without any shimmer or shine.
5. Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette ($55) - a palette containing 6 matte powders designed to mimic the natural shadows and highlights of the face. The creamy powders are ultra pigmented, easy to apply and a breeze to blend. They are also in an incredible range of shades that work perfectly for my skin tone.
6. Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed ($34) - a clay infused blush that is baked in the sun for ultra long wear. The Tarte blushes are some of the best blushes on the market, they are intensely pigmented but blend like an absolute dream. Exposed is a beautiful rosy nude that goes with any makeup look, it is my go to blush for the day to day.
7. Becca Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop ($46) - the most hyped about highlighter this year, the collaboration between Becca Cosmetics and Youtuber Jaclyn Hill delivered a gorgeous white gold powder with peachy undertones that seems to flatter every skin tone. Full review here.
8. Kat Von D Metal Crush Eyeshadow in Thunderstruck ($25) - an ultra soft eyeshadow that feels more like a cream than a powder. They are intensely pigmented shadows with a one of a kind formula and a range of bold metallic shades. Thunderstruck is a beautiful opalescent pearl that makes for a stunning highlight for fair skin.
9. Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade ($23) - a waterproof creamy pomade that acts as an all-in-one brow product. The DipBrow provides colour while shaping and sculpting the brow hairs to give picture perfect brows that won't smudge or fade.
10. Makeup Geek Eyeshadows ($6) - a range of incredibly pigmented, buttery smooth eyeshadows that rival more expensive brands with their quality and colour selection. From the original formula to foiled shadows and even duo chrome shades, every shadow is incredible. Full review here.
11. Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid Liner in Trooper ($23) - a unique liquid eyeliner pen with a precise brush tip for the easiest application possible. The innovative tip is so incredibly thin and flexible that it makes drawing a precise wing and absolute breeze. The formula is ultra black and glides on over any product even glitter shadow.
12. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara ($10) - a triple threat mascara that delivers length, volume and separation with its unique curved brush that features different sized bristles to reach every single lash. Full review here.
13. NYX Cosmetics Slim Lip Pencils ($5) - traditional wooden lip liners in a wide array of over 60 shades that cover every shade and colour possible. They have amazing colour payoff as well as a wonderfully creamy formula that means they glide onto the lips and don't pull moisture from them. They are my all time favourite lip liners. Full review here.
14. Colour Pop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks ($6) - the most affordable liquid lipsticks on the market. They come in an amazing range of shades that are difficult to find in an affordable brand, I have become addicted to wearing these lipsticks for the unique shades like Trap, Limbo and Tulle.
15. Stila Cosmetics Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks ($31) - the best liquid lipstick I have ever tried! The Stila liquid lipsticks come in beautiful shades including rosy mauves and vibrant reds, all of which have a creamy, smooth formula that feels amazing on the lips. Full review here.
What were your favourite products of 2015?