Makeup to WakeupFriday, September 05, 2014
Do you ever have those mornings when you just can't drag yourself out of bed, even if you have a big meeting or an 8am class to get to? On those days, we just don't have an hour to spare on beautifying ourselves, especially when we have Instagram and Bloglovin to check! So, when those dreaded mornings roll around I know I only have a few minutes to work some magic and i need a few fail proof tips, tricks and products to get it done.
1. Caffeine! I don't know about you but I can't even think without a nice cup of tea in the morning. So pick your poison and make yourself a nice BIG cup of energy.
2. A Bright Complexion! On early mornings I don't usually have the energy or the time to buff and blend in a foundation so I tend to reach for the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream. It offers a little bit of coverage but most importantly it evens out the redness around my nose and brightens up any dark spots I may have.
3. Conceal, Conceal, Conceal! Concealer will be your best friend in a sticky situation, it can cover up pretty much any evidence of a late night or a restless sleep. Use a salmon toned concealer under the eyes to counteract any blue tones then highlight with a brightening shade. You can also mix the two to create the perfect shade for hiding red angry blemishes. I love to use either the Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer or the Almay Concealer & Brightener.
4. Open those Eyes! They say the eyes are the windows to the soul and I have to agree, so you must take care of them! To make them look a little wider and a whole lot brighter, curl your lashes! It's so simple but has a huge effect! Then follow up with your favourite mascara, I love to use Benefit's They're Real because it holds a curl really well!
5. Line those Rims! A super important step to looking awake is to cover up the redness in the rims of your eyes. Pick out a creamy but long lasting nude eyeliner like the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal and run it along the lower rim of your eyelashes. Instant boost of energy!
6. Highlight! You've already put so much work into opening up those eyes of yours so make sure you finish it off with a little bit of a highlight in the inner corners. A light toned, shimmery shadow placed in the inner corners will attract light and reflect it back out making you look bright eyed and bushy tailed. I love to use The Balm's Mary Lou Manizer Highlighting Powder.
7. A Pop of Colour! Now that you've got that complexion perfected you need to add a little bit of life back into your face so pop on your favourite tinted lip balm and you are good to go. My favourite is the Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Ripe Raspberry.
What do you do to look awake on those early mornings?