Sweat Proof MakeupWednesday, August 20, 2014
Now I know it's the end of August and Summer is almost over but in my chilly little neighbourhood I am still dreaming of beaches and lazy bike rides. Typically, the warmer months in my corner of the world last until late September so I would have at least one more month of summer love but this year Mother Nature seems to have changed her mind. It feels a bit more like October than August but that doesn't stop me from wishing for long sunny days and sweltering temperatures. I'm hoping a perfect summer day will show itself soon but for now I will live vicariously through you lucky people who live in a warmer climate and share my must haves for sweat proof makeup.
1. A good lightweight base is a must! A great choice would be a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream but if you are looking for more coverage, stick with something like the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick or the Dream Wonder Fluid Foundation that incorporate powder particles to help create a matte finish.
2. Powder is your friend! In Summer there is a major difference between glowing skin and sweaty skin. My best advice is to lean towards a more matte or satin finish by setting your foundation with a powder. Not only will you look fresh all day but you're makeup will stay put. My favourite is the Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder.
3. A setting spray is essential! I never leave the house without spraying on a little bit of the Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray. A spritz after you apply your base and at the very end of your routine will make sure your handiwork stays in place all day long. Chill is also great because it adds a bit of hydration to the mix.
4. Waterproof mascara is the way to go! Summer is the time of cottages and dips in the pool and you don't want to have the dreaded raccoon eyes so make sure you pick a mascara that will stand up to the pressure. Benefit's They're Real is the best of the best when it comes to lasting through any situation.
5. Don't forget those eyebrows! Even on the hottest of days you need to look put together and clean eyebrows always do the trick. Powder and pencil run the risk of melting off your face to try a gel or pomade that just wont budge! My go to is Benefit's Gimme Brow!
6. Who has time for that? In the summer I am always rocking a bright lip but I don't want to worry about fading, transferring or bleeding while I'm enjoying my iced tea so my must have is a lip stain! Revlon's Colourstay Moisture Stains are the bees knees, bold shades in a super comfortable formula that lasts all day! The best bit is they can serve double duty as a cheek stain!
What are your sweat proof summer essentials?